Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tasty Little Muffins and Children's Cookbook

*A note to add to yesterday's post: If you like the mirror I got on clearance, Bed Bath and Beyond still sells them, and the regular price is only a little less than $20.00 (an amazing price compared to the other store). I didn't see them online, but I did see them in the mirror section at the store.*

A while back, I tried OliveJuice's recipe for Fruit Filled Scones, and they were *so* good that I thought I would try another one of her recipes.!

This time I made her recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins. Yum! They are really good. Easy too ... you start with a box mix and add the cream cheese filling. Click on the link above to get the recipe. You have to see her aprons, too. They are amazing!

I am going to have to try all the recipes on her blog, now, since the first 2 were very tasty. Thanks OliveJuice!

I also saw this great children's cookbook the other day. I have been looking for a good cookbook for my kids, but haven't been able to find one until now. I don't want anything with weird recipes, just the basics please.

Well, I was very happy when it arrived, because not only is it absolutely adorable (it has vintage children's cooking pictures throughout), but it covers the basics of cooking and the good old standards for recipes (tomato soup, meatloaf, muffins, etc.). Tween actually picked it up and made a recipe for blueberry muffins all by herself. She substituted chocolate chips for blueberries, and she even wore a vintage handkerchief apron! *I'm so proud that she accessorized before baking ... I wish I had taken a picture!*

You can get it at Amazon.com among other places. I get the used books from them for a better price. They also have them on ebay and P.O.S.H. Chicago (this is a fun store to look through).


There is a sewing version of the book, called See and Sew, a Sewing Book for Children. I haven't purchased this one yet, but I would love to check it out. Either of these books would make a great gift.


This past weekend, my Honey went to Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame Induction. He is *wild* about baseball. I have always enjoyed tagging along with him to baseball stadiums and to get autographs. I also love the old vintage baseball photos he has. (This particular photo is courtesy of HistoryImages.com)

My Honey has been fortunate to meet many baseball players through his job, including Tony Gwynn. We are big Tony fans anyway, because we are from San Diego. We live so close to Cooperstown, that Mr. J was able to drive right over to see Tony's big day. He and our son also had a chance to meet Cal Ripken, and he was so kind and humble. As a mother of two young sons, I truly appreciate two baseball players who are a good example to kids, and who use their fame and talent to do good things for others. Congratulations to both of you, and thank you!

I will finish my post with a picture of Puppy's Very Bad Day.

5 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

How 'bout them Cubs...we are glued to WGN this summer

Mimi said...

I love both baseball and Tony Gwynn too. How exciting for your Dh to be there.

And, I should look into the sewing book for me!

Justabeachkat said...

Yum...the muffins look so good and sound so easy. I might just have to give them a try. Thanks.

I hated seeing the picture of your sweet puppy and knowing about the bad day. Our Miss Daisy had to wear a collar recently too. I posted about it on my blog too.

http://justabeachkat.blogspot.com/2007/07/hot-spots-and-hot-flashes.html

Hugs!
Kat

Kathleen Grace said...

I think it is a great idea for kids to get as much experience in the kitchen as possible. They grow up with so much more confidence to try new things when they have the basics under their belt, and everyone should know how to prepare food! The kids cookbook looks great. Is it old or just made to look that way?

Unknown said...

What would it be like when the adorable pink joins hands with replica bags fashion? I guess the effect is no less than one thousand strawberries pouring into your belly. Wanna be the sweatest of the sweat girls in 2010 spring/summer? Pink is always an inviting colour, releasing refreshing info about revival or return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...