Friday, June 27, 2008

I Love Hot Glue

I've got another little project to show you. One that was waiting for perfection and time I don't have, so it was not happening. I have a chandelier in my bathroom that I love, but have never been happy with the way I hung it. I really wanted to sew one of those cute cord covers and put that over a straight chain. So one day I thought, WWND? (what would Nester do?) Well the answer was easy:


I do know how to sew quite well, but why would I do that when I can spend my extra time with my precious kiddos?! And who is going to get up on a ladder and inspect my sewing anyway?!! I cut a very long piece of extra fabric I had sitting in my "to do" pile, and I glued that sucker right on.




Well, I didn't actually glue it to the chain, but I did fold a little hem and glued that. Then I slipped it right on the chain.
Can't even tell, can you? My one piece of advice if you try this is, try to go light on the hot glue. It's difficult to get the fabric to bunch up naturally if there is too much glue on it.


Sooooo much better.

And here is another lady who is helping me get over my perfectionism:


I have a HUMONGOUS pile of pictures to be scrapped, and it just stresses me out. I thought when I finally got a scrap room to work in, it would get better. But it didn't. So I picked up this book written by Stacy Julian about how she organizes her photos and gets them into books. It totally annihilates the old chronological scrapping method most of us cling to. I really, really, really love this book, and I'm photographing the transformation of my scrap room as I go through this process. I will share it with you once I get a little more work done on it (The "before" pictures are just too embarrassing).


Has anyone else read this book?

9 comments:

The Nester said...

WWND????????!!!!!

Laughing so hard it hurts!!! LSHIH!

That is the funniest thing evah! But, your cover thingamajig looks great! You are starting to be a better nester than me! come help me at my house!

We have a horrible light in our rental and the chain is too long and some genius used an old keychain to loop and lock the cord/chain together! Hurt them!

Corinne said...

Wow, I love, love the cord cover. Very nice, very nesterish!! LOL

Trixi said...

That looks soooo good. Who would have known that hot glue could be so versatile?
Blessings,
Trixi

Kathleen Grace said...

Hey, you're back! Yay! You and Nester have me looking around seeing what I can hot glue, Your projects look great:>)

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I just love my hot glue gun too. Hot glue is so versatile, it's amazing.

Your chandelier cover looks really good

Laura said...

Is that all you are going to say about the book??? I am dying to know the secret!!
Please share more about it!

Penny said...

What a great solution! You've gotta love hot glue! :)

Kelly said...

Wow! What a fab idea. You just gave me an idea for my dining room lights! Thanks!
Pls do tell more about the book, sounds like you and I have the exact same problems.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

That books looks great, I am a former Creative Memories consultant who hasn't picked up her albums in 7 years. Oh boy, I guess I need some intervention and new inspiration. I just gave up on trying to keep up--I did my last page when my son was one year old, and he is now 8! The book might be just the inspiration I need, thank you!

Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...