Monday, May 25, 2009

Free Furniture

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality asked us to share our thrifty treasures from this week. Does free count as thrifty? Oh, yes, I think it does. Woohooo woohoooo.
I stopped by my friend, Laura's house last week to look at what colors she is painting her basement, and I spied a lonely piece of furniture off in the corner. I freaked because it has some serious potential. She told me she was trying to get rid of it and couldn't. I could have it. For free. I freaked again.
The guys have been teasing poor Miss Laura because they think it is junk. I knew right away what she had seen in this piece when she found it on the roadside years ago. She should get an award for saving it. I'm going to send pictures to all the guys who teased her. They won't even recognize it when I'm done. I can't wait to drench it in paint. I already have some beautiful knobs for it.

The only catch was, I had to get it out of their basement. No problem. Mr. Jones was patient with me. He doesn't see the potential, but he trusts in my vision. He learned to do that when I painted this little desk that looked like trash.

Do you see the vision, too?

Stop by Rhoda's blog for more thrifty finds.

6 comments:

Macey said...

All my friends always find COOL stuff...how come I can't find anything that cool?! I want it, I'm sure I wouldn't do it up as nice as you will, but I.STILL.WANT.IT.
And that epsom salt? I would have never thought of all those things to do with it!! : )
Macey

Heathahlee said...

I cannot wait to see what you do with it! I agree with MiMi...I never find cool stuff like that! : )

Jen said...

The desk you rescued is BEAUTIFUL! as I'm sure the hutch will be when you are finished with it! I really need to get treasure hunting ...

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

We can totally see it...and free!!! How cool is that????

Amy R said...

Oh, yes! I see the potential! This is my first time to your blog and I'll have to sign up for RSS feeds just to be sure I see the end result!

Unknown said...

Cannot wait to see what you do with it! And free is so incredibly thrifty, it's not even cool. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...