Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm Body for Life'n

I'm doing this again. Have you heard of Body for Life? I love it. It's all about exercising and eating a well-balanced diet. No fads or gimmicks. They have a contest every 3 months, too, and you can see the before and after pictures. Some are really amazing. You would be SHOCKED at what you can do in 3 months without starving yourself or going overboard with the exercising. I did the challenge last year, and ended up keeping the good habits I learned and not really gaining the weight back. I have lost muscle though, and I'm really enjoying lifting weights again. Women are so intimidated to do weights, but go on in the weight room girl and just do it. You belong there just as much as the guys. It's fun to see the muscle definition show up (pretty quickly).

Take the "before" picture, too. I highly recommend this. After a few weeks take another picture and you will be shocked. I still look at my before and after pictures from last year. It is so amazing.

Here's a cool blogger who talks about her Body for Life experience. She also explained Body for Life as a guest blogger here.

Anyone game for joining me?

I'll try to post my diet and exercise schedule (to keep myself honest). Here's what I did yesterday:

30 minutes cardio (on a machine at the gym)
Breakfast: Coffee, Oatmeal with protein powder
Mid-morning: Protein shake and banana right before workout
Lunch: Light sodium turkey (from deli section - it has much less sodium than the pre-packaged junk) on 2 pieces whole wheat bread, tomato slices and mustard.
Afternoon: Protein shake
Dinner: (It was a crazy night so we did breakfast again): 2 egg yolks and 3 egg whites scrambled with fresh spinach and 1 Tb. salsa, 1 piece of whole grain toast with light Smart Balance and sugar free jam (GET RID OF THE SUGAR, PEOPLE. IT'S SOOOO BAD FOR YOU), 1/2 grapefruit, 2 pieces turkey bacon.
Lots of water (about 65 ounces)
Two cups green tea

3 comments:

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

OMG- I have the book but my eyes totally glazed over looking at all those charts and graphs and little boxes!
I will promise to crack open the book tonite...I *so* need to get rid of this fluffy coating!

Jill said...

I have read the book cover to cover and have never actually done the full plan, but I lost almost 30pounds (and 13% body fat) from June to December this year eating high protein + veggies, doing a version of the weights. But, I do want to say I am a firm believer in the Body for Life 20 minute cardio....it WORKS. I was a swimmer in college and we actually did the exact 20 min. cardio drills for pre-season conditioning, and that was way before the book even came out. Though I haven't done the exact plan, I know it is the best plan and it really is the only true way to lose weight and (more importantly) body fat. I just blogged about my weight loss and my eating/exercise today! Good luck!

Marcella said...

This is the best program ever! It cut me down from a size 14 to a 4 in 12 weeks. If you don't know already there is a awesome support site called: www.bodyforlife-tracker.com You'll love the people on there and their pics are so inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...